Below are the key milestones in artist’s Rakhi Peswani’s career:
- Rakhi Peswani received the Inlaks Scholarship for the UNIDEE in residence at Cittadellarte, Fondazione Pistoletto in 2006; Artists’ residency at Sanskriti Kendra, Sanskrithi Pratishthan, New Delhi in 2007 and PEERS-2003’ residency invitation from KHOJ, New Delhi.
- The artist was invited for a residency in The Hague, where she showed Bodies / Subterrain (Eurydice & Sita), at Vrije Academie in 2011. Her recent significant solo exhibitions include ‘Matters Under the Skin 2011’, Art HK – Asia One, Hong Kong, courtesy The Guild, Mumbai; ‘Intertwinings’, Vadehra Art Gallery, New Delhi and ‘Sonnet for Silent Machines’, at Jehangir Nicholson Gallery and The Guild.
- She has participated in several select exhibitions including Art Stage Singapore 2011, ‘I think therefore graffiti…’, presented by The Guild; ‘Reverie’, Chemould Prescott Road, Mumbai; ‘A New Vanguard: Trends in Contemporary Indian Art’, Saffronart, New York; ‘The Ego, The Persona’ by The Guild, New York; Analytical Engine, Bose Pacia, Kolkata and Gallery Seven Art Ltd, Delhi.
- Her participation in Museum shows include - Bring Me A Lion: An Exhibition of Contemporary Indian Art, The Hunt Gallery, St. Louis, Missouri; Potters in Peril, at the National Gallery of Modern Art, Mumbai; Generation in Transition. New Art from India at Zachęta National Gallery of Art, Warsaw, Poland and Contemporary Art Centre, Lithuania. She is part of the upcoming show ‘Zones of Contact’ at Kiran Nadar Museum of Art, Delhi.
- Rakhi Peswani had been teaching Visual arts at the Sarojini Naidu School of Fine arts and Communication Hyderabad Central University since last eight year, She recently joined as a faculty at Srishti School of Art Design Technology in Bangalore.
- Her new show, entitled ‘Anatomy of Silence’ at The Guild in Mumbai tries to excavate the body in the handmade through the now crucial trope of its displacement and near demise. The relationship between laborious work and a craftsman’s body is deftly explored and seen vis-a-vis the situation of the handmade today.